Reading is Life Basically

Whats up people, I'm back. Sorry for the long time away, but I have read three books. The first book was Reign of the Earth, so apparently my curse is all in my head. I also read Blood Oath and Shadow Wings by Raye Wagner. These are the first two books of the Darkest Drae trilogy, and I am eagerly waiting the third book which comes out on June 30th. I was pleasantly surprised by these books, and especially the second book. I think that in a lot of romances with dark characters there tends to be an abusive element that the author overlooks. For example being abused by someone and then just going with it because their abuser was in a bad place or "had no choice" etc. However Raye Wagner does a great job of addressing abuse in her books. The main character doesn't immediately go to her abuser like omg I forgive you ooo i love you so much blah blah blah. Instead she doesn't trust him, she doesn't want to be with him, she doesn't throw herself into his arms, and I think that is really important. This aspect of not just accepting the abuse is one of the reasons I gave the book 5 stars instead of 4 like the first book. I love this aspect of the book as much as I love the characters. Each one has their own unique ideas and personalities that are constantly changing and progressing. This is honestly one of my favorite book trilogies in a while, and I just want the third book to come out already. Okay that is all for now. I might try some new things later kind of like booktube tags except on here. Who knows maybe I will even start a booktube channel soon that could be fun. Have a great day guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Capturing the Devil

November Update

O M G!