June 7th 2018 Bookhaul

Hey guys I am finally back from work. Okay so tbh I got off work at eight and then spent an hour at Barnes and Noble. While there I mainly perused the children section, but I also glanced at the young adult section which is why I ended up buying three books instead of the zero I had planned to buy. I bought two books from the kids section and one from the ya. My purchases were Winterhouse by Ben Gutterson, a signed copy of Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate, and Smoke in the Sun by Renee Andieh. Smoke in the Sun is actually the sequal to Flame in the Mist. It is set in an Asian inspired world with magic and war and a main character who pretends to be someone else, and who doesn't love books like that. Terrible description I know that is why I linked the goodreads page. Out of those three I will probably end up reading Winterhouse first. The description of the Winterhouse makes me think of The Westing Game which was one of my favorite mysteries as a child. It was masterfully written and always had me guessing. I'm hoping Winterhouse will be just as good or better. Currently I am still reading Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia. I am 52 pages in and loving it. I love how Francesca describes her characters, and the art work within the book is beautiful. I think that the choice to have images from the story her character Eliza writes within the actual book was an awesome one. Wow that sentence was a mouthful. Anyways I am off to read a bit and play some Stardew Valley have a great night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Capturing the Devil

November Update

O M G!