June 16th BookHaul

What's up reader peeps? I have another book haul for you today. I received one box of purchases from BookOutlet and I also perused a different Half Price Books for more anthropology finds. I was actually kind of disappointed in BookOutlet with this package because a lot of the books were bent, and I don't mean the paper backs. The hardbacks were bent too, and I'm like how do you even do that, but for all I know it was the shipping company so I am not going to dwell on it. The first book in my BookOutlet haul is Spindle's End by Robin Mckinley, and the second book also by Robin Mckinley is The Blue Sword. I have read both of these books before when I was in 6th grade, and I remember absolutely loving them which is why I have now purchased copies to keep. The other books I got are The Midnight Star by Marie Lu which is the third book in the young elites trilogy, A Semi-Definitive List of Worst Nightmares by  Krystal Sutherland, The Siren by Kiera Cass, When Dimple met Rishi by Sandhya Menon, and Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones. Next up is my Half Price Books haul, and I got quite a few books on or by the Leakeys. If you do not know who the Leakeys are picture them as Anthropology royalty. First up is Origins: What New Discoveries Reveal About the Emergence of Our Species and its Possible Future by Richard E. Leakey and Roger Lewin. Then we have Origins Reconsidered: In Search of What Makes us Human by Richard Leakey and Roger Lewin, Disclosing the Past an Autobiography by Mary Leakey, Ancestral Passions: The Leakey Family and the Quest for Humankind's Beginnings by Virginia Morell, The Origin and Evolution: Readings in Physical Anthropology by Ashley Montagu, and Walking with the Great Apes - Jane Goodall, Dian Fossey, and Birute Galdikas by Sy Montgomery. If there is anything I have learned from buying these anthropology books, it is that a key feature of being a good anthropologist is writing a book with an extremely long title and sub-title combination. I can't wait to dive into these books, although with my TBR list it might be a while. I am not sure if anyone would be interested, but I will try and post my current TBR soon, so you guys can see what I could or could not read in the future. Anyways peace out and have a great weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Capturing the Devil

November Update

O M G!