Vacation! Kind of?

Whats up book nerds I am super tired, but I have some news to share. On Sunday  July the 8th I got to go on a sort of vacation/day trip to Austin, Tx. While there I visited the largest independent bookstore in Texas, talk about exciting. It is called BookPeople and you should definitely check it out. Of course while I was there I just had to purchase some books. I ended up buying three; two were ya and two were middle grade. The book I am most excited to read is probably Endling the Last. It is a middle grade that came out somewhat recently I believe, and it is written by Katherine Applegate. I also got a signed first edition copy of it. The second middle grade book is more pictures than book, and I mainly picked it up because I wanted to try different styles of books. It is Thornhill by Pam Smy, and I have looked through it a bit. It seems interesting, but I haven't looked at any blurbs or anything else so I am not quite sure what it is about. The third book I picked up is a signed copy of The Library of Fates, and I have been wanting to get this book for a while. When I saw they had a signed copy I just couldn't resist. Finally I got another signed book and that is A Thousand Nights. It is a retelling on Arabian Nights I believe, and since that is one of my favorite stories I decided this would be a great book to add to my collection. On this trip buying books is not the only thing I did. I also read some. I read two books, one during the car ride and one after I got home. The first book I read was The Defiant. It is the sequel to Valiant, and I gave it a three out of five stars. The second book I read was Sky in the Deep, and I really enjoyed it. I gave it a five out of five stars, and part of the reason for that high mark is I could really relate to it and the characters. I have my own family drama so it brought out more emotion in me than it would have if I was an only child or something similar. I believe it is a stand alone, or it could work as a stand alone. I liked how the author wrote the fighting scenes, however there were some minor problems that may qualify it for four out of five stars or three point five. In the best way I can without spoiling one of the problems is that the progression of relationships didn't seem to make sense, and one relationship in particular seemed to almost appear out of nowhere. If you read it I think you will see what I am saying, but overall I really enjoyed it and I could really relate to it. After writing this post though and thinking about it a bit more I will probably change my rating to four out of five stars. Peace out nerds have a great time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Capturing the Devil

November Update

O M G!