July 10th Bookhaul!

Hello friends, first things first I discovered something very awkward. My last post I talked about how I purchased A Thousand Nights by E. K. Johnston, and when I went to put it on my shelf I realized I have already purchased this book. I am okay with owning two copies though because one is hardback not signed and the other is a signed paperback. Diversity is important. In other news I had to go to the mall today to pick up my last pay check so of course I stopped by Barnes and Noble. I picked up four books today, three of which are new releases and one of which is signed. The signed book I got is called Dread Nation by Justina Ireland. Funny story actually, I went to get my check while my dad was picking up the books. I got my check before he was done, so I headed upstairs to see if he needed any help. The book clerks were helping him when I got up there, and one of them had just left to find Dread Nation. So, I was like okay dad text me when they are bought I am going to go look around. I was browsing the store when I get to their signed section and was like oh look here it is. I grabbed the book and walked up to the front where one of the clerks had just started explaining to my dad that the other one could not find the fourth book (Dread Nation). At that point I chimed in, and was like "Oh he couldn't find the fourth book? You mean this book?" and slapped it on the counter like sup bitches. Needless to say the book clerk looked slightly embarrassed and the other one did not return to the front before I left. Feels awkward when your customers know your store better than you do, but as my fellow booknerds must know, bookstore knowledge is just one of our many skills. Onto the rest of the books I bought. The first new release I picked up is The Traitor's Ruin by Erin Beaty and the sequel to The Traitor's Kiss. I remember liking the first book quite a bit, but if I am being honest I am not really sure what happened in it. The second new release I am very excited for is called The Super Villain and Me by Danielle Banas. I have been in the mood for a good super hero themed book lately, so this is exciting. If you also like super hero books you should definitely check out Marissa Meyer's book Renegades. I cannot wait for the sequel Archenemies to come out on November 6th. Finally, a book I have been waiting on since the release of Now I Rise, Bright We Burn is now apart of my book collection. It is the final book of the Conqueror's Saga, and I cannot explain how excited I am for this book. This trilogy has drama, romance, political intrigue, and more. If you have not read the first books of this amazing saga by Kiersten White, you should definitely pick up And I Darken and Now I Rise. The stories are a retelling of Vlad the Impaler except Vlad is a girl named Lada and I just cannot explain how well written and exciting these books are. Also in case you do want to purchase them and you own an E-Reader, both And I Darken and Now I Rise are currently on sale for Amazon Kindle users. Anyways that is all for now. I am off to have a great time reading, and I hope you guys are too. Peace out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Capturing the Devil

November Update

O M G!