November Update

It is finally November my fellow readers. Halloween and the glorious month of October are over. It has been about two weeks since my last post I believe and I have news for you. Time for a post Halloween bookhaul and reading update. Starting with the bookhaul. This Monday the 29th of October I went to Barnes and Noble and bought several books. On top of that I also picked up the final book in the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Mass when it was released on the 23rd. At Barnes and Noble the books I got were
1. Girl at the Grave by Teri Bailey Black
2. A signed copy of Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak
3. The 10th Anniversary Edition of City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
4. A signed copy of Vengeful by V.E. Schwab
5. Reunited by Colleen Houck

I also picked up some books at Target during my haitus and they were
1. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
2. A signed copy of Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J Mass
3. A signed copy of Broken Things by Lauren Oliver

Next up on the agenda is all the books I have read recently and what I rated them. 
1. Recreated by Colleen Houck - 3 Stars
2. Afterworlds by Scott Westerfield - 2 Stars
3. Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J Mass - 5 Stars
4. Broken Things by Lauren Oliver - 3 Stars
5. The DarkDeep by Ally Condie and Brendan Reichs - 3 Stars
6. Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor - 4 Stars
7. The Witching Hours: The Vampire Knife by Jack Henseleit - 3 Stars
8. Small Spaces by Katherine Arden - 4 Stars
9. City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab - 3 Stars

I've also been reading some fanfiction but lets not talk about that. Most of these books are either the start of a series or a stand alone. Recreated, Kingdom of Ash, and Muse of Nightmares are not. Recreated is the 2nd book in Colleen Houcks Reawakened Series. Kingdom of Ash is the final book in Sarah J Mass's Throne of Glass series, and I am so sad that it is over. Muse of Nightmares is the sequel to Laini Taylor's Strange the Dreamer. If you have not read the Throne of Glass series I highly recommend you give it a try especially since you no longer have to wait a year for another book to come out. So far I am somewhat divided on the Reawakened Series but if you like Egyptian mythology give it a shot. The Strange the Dreamer Duology is just fantastic I would definitely recommend picking it up. Finally lets talk about my Halloween reading goal. At the beginning of October I posted a list of Halloween reads I wanted to get through. Some of those I finished and others I either didn't have yet or didn't feel like picking up. I finished three of the books on the list those being City of Ghosts, Muse of Nightmares, and Small Spaces. I own Not Even Bones, Our Dark Duet, Vicious, Vengeful, and Anna Dressed in Blood. The other books I do not currently own but hope to pick up soon. While I did not get to a lot of books on this list that is mainly because I picked up other mystery or spooky reads instead. Specifically The DarkDeep, Afterworlds, The Vampire Knife, and Broken Things.

I don't really have any specific reading goals for November or a specific theme. I do know I want to read Reunited and Girl at the Grave. I did order some other books off of Bookoutlet and they will be arriving on Monday. To be honest I do not really remember what they are, but I will make a bookhaul post as soon as they arrive. Finally I have edited my reading goal for this year because I may have been a little overzealous. It is now 100 instead of 200. If I meet the goal of 100 which I believe I will then I will change the goal to something higher. Have a great November.

Peace out book nerds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Capturing the Devil

June 7th 2018 Bookhaul