The Grand Return

This title is extremely misleading. There is nothing grand about this, but it is in fact a return. Hello everyone, I have been reading a ton of books recently, so I have decided to restart my blog. To begin with lets discuss the amazing books I have read the most recently, Stalking Jack the Ripper, Hunting Prince Dracula, and Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalo. Stalking Jack the Ripper is a book I have owned for a long time, and I never got around to reading it. Now that I have I regret not starting it sooner, but I am also glad I didn't because I would have had to wait longer for the other books to come out. I gave Stalking Jack the Ripper 4 out of 5 stars, and its successors both got 5 out of 5 stars. You have probably realized this from my previous posts, but I am not that big of a fan of writing super analytic reviews. When it comes to books I like to read for fun. It feels like I lose something from the book if I try to analyze every little detail. I like reading to see what happens to the characters in books not question why the author did this or that, or look at how many times they used a particular word. Usually if I find myself not enjoying a book at all I might analyze it more just to try and find out if its my mood that made me dislike the book or my opinion on the authors writing, but with books I love and enjoy I probably won't have more of a review for you than how many I think they deserved. Point on book reviewing made; I think that Maniscalo did a fantastic job with these books, and I am eagerly awaiting the next installment of the series. I highly recommend these books to everyone out their who loves the YA genre. Now onto other news. It is October, the best month for the spooky and the scary. Here is a list of spooky books I want to read this month. Some of them I currently own and some I still have to purchase.
1. Not Even Bones by Rebecca Schaeffer
2. Our Dark Duet by V. E. Schwab
3. Vicious by V.E. Schwab
4. Vengeful by V.E. Schwab
5. The Lantern's Ember by Colleen Houck
6. Small Spaces by Katherine Arden
7. The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White
8. Strange Grace by Tessa Gratton
9. The Impossible Girl by Lydia Kang
10. City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
11. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
12. Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor

Finally, I have bought two new books today. One of them is the hardback version of Uprooted by Naomi Novik, and the other is the book I am currently reading; Number 12 on my list of spooky reads: Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor. I hope to update you all with my progress soon. Have a great day and peace out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Capturing the Devil

November Update

June 7th 2018 Bookhaul